- Meat and poultry
- Beef burgers
These gourmet beef burgers are cooked on the barbecue and served with a garlic aioli, pickled red onions, goat cheese, heirloom tomatoes and rocket.
1 person made this
- Seasoning mixture
- 175g sea salt
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 180ml rapeseed oil
- 60ml olive oil
- Pickled red onions
- 450g red onions, sliced into half moons
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 brioche burger buns, halved
- 900g beef mince
- 255g crumbled goat cheese
- 12 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 60g rocket
MethodPrep:35min ›Cook:8min ›Extra time:15min › Ready in:58min
- To make the seasoning mix: Combine sea salt, porcini mushrooms, thyme, garlic granules, 1 teaspoon black pepper and chilli flakes in a food processor; blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour seasoning mixture into a bowl.
- To make the aioli: Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic and dill in the food processor; blend, pouring in rapeseed oil and olive oil in a steady stream until aioli is thick and smooth.
- Combine sliced red onions, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in an airtight container. Let marinate, at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Spread brioche burger buns on the barbecue and toast until golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter. Spread some aioli over each half.
- Shape beef mince into 6 large burgers. Sprinkle seasoning mixture generously over both sides.
- Increase barbecue heat to high. Cook burgers until browned and cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place 1 cooked burger on the bottom of each toasted brioche bun. Top each with 3 tablespoons goat cheese, 2 tomato slices, 1 heaping tablespoon pickled red onions, and some rocket. Cover with top half of the bun.
Leftover seasoning mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Use on burgers, steaks, pork chops or chicken breasts.