Beat the egg whites, add the sugar and beat again until the sugar melts (it's easier with powdered sugar).
Add the ground walnuts, cherries, raisins and chopped shit, mix.
Then add the 8 tablespoons of flour and mix
When the biscuit is ready, pour it into a tray lined with butter and flour (or baking sheet) and place it in the preheated oven. Check with a toothpick if it is ready and leave to cool.
Beat the 6 yolks on steam, gradually adding the 12 tablespoons of sugar, mix well, then leave to cool.
When it is cold, mix with 150 g of butter gradually and with 2 sachets of vanilla until you make a creamy composition.
(I also paid a little attention to the grated lemon scythe ... at the end it tasted great)
Put the cream on top of the biscuit and decorate as you like.
Simple cake with walnuts & # 8211 old Hungarian recipe
Simple cake with walnuts & # 8211 old Hungarian recipe. A cake with fine sheets of tender dough and walnut filling with rum and vanilla that is baked together with the sheets. White rum icing with lemon and almond flakes complete this special cake. D iós lepény torch he tells it in Hungarian & # 8211 because it is an old Hungarian recipe that is also made in Transylvania.
I have this old Hungarian recipe for a simple cake with walnuts and lemon icing with rum from my great-grandmother Buia's notebook from Sibiu. I also told you about her and the fact that her recipes were written in 3 languages: Romanian, German and Hungarian. Buia was born in 1905 in the village of Chinari in Mures County, the daughter of a Greek Catholic priest. From her I learned what traditional Transylvanian cuisine means, with Austrian, Hungarian, Slovak, Jewish or French influences.
In Transylvania and Banat it has always been eaten very well, people being open to combinations that may still seem strange to some today: joining fruits with steaks, soups or apple or cherry sauces, spicy paprika or very fine cakes and pies with walnuts or chocolate . That's how we grew up, with these goodies in the house.
This walnut cake is recorded as & # 8222dios lepeny torta & # 8221 & # 8211 meaning walnut pie pie. Diana, co-author Savori Urbane has already published a similar cake with cocoa, also according to an old recipe recorded in her grandmother's notebook. The recipe can be found here & # 8211 Simple cake with chocolate and sheets.
Both are made on the same shoe: two tender sheets filled with a mix of eggs rubbed with sugar and walnut flavors. In my version, rum also appears and in Diana's version, cocoa appears (both in sheets and in cream). Everything bakes at once, so we don't make the sheets separately. The walnut filling is great! Aromatic and tender, it makes me think of pricomigdale & # 8211 recipe here.
My recipe is for the large oven tray (33 x 42 cm) and I decided to halve it to make a smaller, trial portion. So the 20 x 35 cm tray is perfect for the quantities below. The tray should have higher walls, at least 5 cm.
Fluffy blackberry with cherries and chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 150 g butter
- 100 g chocolate (52% cocoa)
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate drops
- 150 g flour
- 150 g sugar (powder)
- 50 g cocoa
- 100 ml of milk
- 10 g baking powder
- vanilla essence
- cherries, enough to cover the surface of the cake
- For the glaze:
- 75 g chocolate
- milk, as much as the chocolate to reach the desired consistency
Mascot Cream with Walnut, Cherry and Raisins
Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar on a steam bath until it thickens and has the consistency of a cream.
Set aside and then cool, placing a food foil on top to prevent the formation of the crust on the surface of the cream.
Meanwhile, froth the butter well by mixing, then mix with sifted cocoa.
Incorporate 1 tablespoon of chilled egg cream in turn, mix well and continue the process until the cream is exhausted.
Then add the coarsely chopped walnuts and at the end the cherries and raisins (drained well).
Let cool for a few hours (preferably until the next day) wrapping the cream with cling film.
-like cream by the glass (pour into glasses and leave to cool until the next day optionally, garnish with chocolate, whipped cream and serve with almonds, biscuits, etc.)
-for the classic "mascot" sweets (pour the cream into chocolate baskets, leave it to cool for a few hours, then pour a lid or a grill of chocolate and seal the cream inside, keep it cold until serving)
-as well as cream for cakes, cakes (put the cream between the countertop / cake sheets and let it cool until the next day, slice and serve).
Cake with walnuts, raisins, shit and cherries - Recipes
Baked on the hearth, without chemicals or additives, naturally grown.
Romanian and French recipes with 100% natural ingredients
The most delicious cakes you've ever tasted
For special events or a delicious snack.
We are waiting for you with a fruit tart
We are waiting for you with a hot coffee, at the addresses: Dorobanti 59, Dorobanti 140 and Calea Floreasca 71, to enjoy the taste and aroma of our cakes: Cakes, Fruit Tarts, Carpathian Cake, Homemade Biscuits, Nuts, Polar Cake, Dobos , Snow White, Honey Cake, Eclairs, Cherry Cake, Cherry / Blueberry Muffins, Crescent, Walnut Cake, Honeycombs, Salt / Cheese / Cheese Salad, Walnut / Cherry Cakes, Shit / Raisin and Walnut Cakes & # 8230
Fasting cake recipe with walnuts and jam
a cup of oil
two cups of flour
a cup of carbonated water
half a cup of sugar
4 tablespoons plum jam (or any other kind of jam)
two tablespoons of cocoa
a handful of walnut kernels
a sachet of baking powder
an envelope of vanilla sugar
optional dry whips (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
50 grams of dark chocolate
a teaspoon of water
a teaspoon of coconut butter
See below the video version, without glaze and in grams.
Subscribe to the Youtube channel. Click on the bell too!
Preparation for the fasting cake recipe with walnuts and jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a tray with dimensions of 23/32 cm, which we cover with oil and flour, either with baking paper or if we have a silicone tray we simply leave it as it is, without another preparation
- In a bowl, mix the oil with carbonated water, sugar, vanilla sugar and essence and mix until the sugar melts.
- Mix flour with baking powder and cocoa
- Add the flour thus combined over the mixture of water, oil and sugar and mix well.
- Put the five tablespoons of jam, chopped walnuts as small as possible, dried fruit (I put raisins) and mix.
- We should get a cake-like dough. I mention this because it is important and what kind of flour you use. I used the flour obtained by grinding wheat from my own production directly at the mill. If you use another type of flour and notice that the dough is too soft, add a little more flour.
See also how you can make fasting cake with chocolate and cherries & # 8211 click here
- Put the composition in a pre-prepared tray and put it in the hot oven for 40-45 minutes. The toothpick test is irrelevant because the cake contains jam that remains soft when baked. But you can easily realize that the cake is ready by observing the moment when the dough starts to come off the edges.
- When the fasting cake with walnuts and jam is baked, take it out of the oven, let it cool, then cut it into squares and just gently remove them from each other.
- Make a icing using chopped chocolate, a small teaspoon of water and a teaspoon of coconut oil that you put in a bowl on a steam bath and mix until the chocolate melts and the composition is homogenous.
- Pour on top, while it is still hot, the icing thus obtained with the help of a teaspoon and leaving traces from place to place on the surface of the cake. If you want a glaze of the entire surface, increase the amount of chocolate. I preferred this option because the little ones are not allowed to eat chocolate, but they are still desirable, so I made this compromise by reducing the amount of chocolate on the surface of the cake. You can also give up chocolate and sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.
Have a good appetite!
If you liked the recipe, don't hesitate to share it on social networks and evaluate it with five stars in the box below. Thanks!
Other fasting cakes:
Blackberry with chocolate, nuts and orange tea (click here for recipe)
Strawberry croissants with walnuts and jam (click here for recipe)