We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Roasted vegetables
- Roast peppers
This is a fast and easy starter that's colourful and delicious.
88 people made this
- 1 baguette or ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (350g) jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Preheat your oven's grill.
- Slice bread into slices about an inch thick. Brush each slice on one side with olive oil. Grill, oil-side up, until just golden. Remove and cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together roasted pepper, garlic, tomato, basil and onion. Sprinkle mixture evenly on each toasted slice. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(46)
Reviews in English (34)
This was the best bruschetta I've ever made! I made it twice, once with onions and once without. I think I'd go with half the amount of onion the next time since the onion dominated the other tastes. Overall, it was very delicious.-17 Sep 2004
This is a great twist on the classic tomato-based bruschetta. The balsamic vinegar gives it a little extra bite, while the roasted peppers lend a savory sweetness. Definitely a big hit at parties.-12 May 2003