We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
Rich and tasty. I had this in a restaurant years ago, then experimented with it at home until I finally got it right.
57 people made this
- 110g butter, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 450g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 250ml double cream
- 110g grated Gruyere cheese
- 125ml amaretto liqueur
- 4 tablespoons capers
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown chicken in butter quickly, and remove to a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Add remaining butter to frying pan and brown the spring onion and mushrooms with the garlic and tarragon. Pour this saute mixture over chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Heat the cream, cheese and amaretto in the frying pan, whisking rapidly. Stir in capers, then pour sauce over chicken, spring onions and mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(61)
Reviews in English (54)
It really didn't work for me. The (far from inexpensive) ingredients seemed full of promise, but it just didn't come together. Why I don't know - but to my palate, it was rather bland and tasted a bit metallic.-08 Jan 2018
What a divine recipe. I substitued white wine for the amaratto and omitted the capers - not a big fan of each in savoury dishes. It was sublime, restaurant quality food. Can highly recommend and it takes no time at all to put together. Thanks Rebecca! x-02 Aug 2011