We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
- Whole salmon
Simple and sweet, this recipe for barbecuing a whole salmon fillet is sure to be a family favourite.
130 people made this
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 175g honey
- 1 dash liquid smoke flavouring
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 1 (2kg) whole salmon fillet
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:17min ›Ready in:27min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together dark brown soft sugar, honey, liquid smoke and vinegar.
- Brush one side of the salmon with the basting sauce. Place the salmon on the barbecue, basted side down. After about 7 minutes, generously baste the top, then turn over. Cook for about 8 more minutes, then brush on more basting sauce, turn and cook for 2 minutes. Take care not to overcook the salmon as it will lose its juices and flavour if cooked too long.
Liquid smoke flavouring is available from UK online retailers and in some specialty shops. Common brands are Hot Headz or Stubbs. While it's hard to duplicate the flavour of liquid smoke, if you're in a pinch, try omitting the liquid smoke from the recipe or using Worcester sauce instead.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(125)
Reviews in English (89)
This was awesome and soooo easy. I, too, definitely recommend the foil (I used the foil sheets with the holes for grilling). I also brushed a good amount of sauce inside the fish to get the flavor all over. My husband went wild for this one.-11 Sep 2002
I think this is just about the best salmon I've eaten. I didn't change the ingredients at all. I did however use a salmon filet rather than a whole salmon as that is just too much for us unless we have company. I don't think it would matter what cut of fish you used as long as you don't over cook it. I put the filet in one of those fish holders for the bbq since it sticks to the grill. Dipping the cooked fish in the leftover sauce is a good idea. I have yet to find one person who doesn't like this recipe and I've made it quite a few times now. The sauce is so rich and yummy - come to think of it, I'm going to make it for dinner tonight! Thanks for a good one! PS I bet this sauce would make the most delicious chicken wings.-10 Sep 2003
Alright taste. I prefer my salmon to be baked with lots of onions and lemon. Depends on your taste I suppose. The smoked flavoring is quite nice though.-24 Sep 2002