- Dish type
- Fruit starters
This a sweet and sour tangy version of the all time famous Mexican guacamole liked by all. Lots of chillies and lime make this guacamole full of flavour.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
20 people made this
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 green chillies, finely chopped (for a very hot flavour)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder (optional)
MethodPrep:6min ›Ready in:6min
- In a bowl, mash the avocados. Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, chillies and garlic.
- Mix well and than add salt, juice of two limes, black pepper and a pinch of sugar. Add chilli powder if using.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover and chill in the fridge.
To give an even, smooth texture to the guacamole always chop onion, tomatoes and chillies in very small pieces.
To keep it for longer duration and avoiding it from getting black you can leave the seed of a avocado in the prepared guacamole and than cover and refrigerate. It will last for 3 to 6 days.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
A great blend of flavors. Everyone enjoyed this when served with tortilla chips.-01 Feb 2015