We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Banana cake
- Banana bread
This is my favourite recipe for Banana Bread. It gives you a good excuse to use up those old looking bananas that you have.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
38 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 loaf
- 75g Sultanas
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Self Raising Flour
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:30min resting › Ready in:1hr50min
- Firstly preheat the oven to 160/Gas Mark 3 and grease your bread tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until they are nice and fluffy. Add just 1 egg until it is mixed in completely and then add the other egg and the sultanas. And mix again until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Now peel your bananas and with the back of a fork mash the bananas well and add them to the mix, then stir again.
- Sift the flour into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and fold into the mix, do not over work the mix, just a nice gentle fold will do.
- Pour the mix into the bread tin, and place in the oven for about 50 minutes, check the cake after 40 mins by putting in a knife or skewer into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down in the tin for about 30 mins, then take out of the tin, and enjoy.
- Personally if I can stop anyone eating it, this is much better the next day when it has rested. This will keep for a few days in an airtight tin.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (5)
all went as it should,according to recipe,tasted beautiful.....-19 Feb 2014
This is a lovely recipe I would agree with the review that it was soggy after 40 mins so I took it out of the tin put it back in slightly cooler oven and let it dry ,it was fine,I found today that by using 3 bananas instead of 4 worked perfect,its tastes fab!-22 Mar 2012
Followed recipe exactly, cake still very very wet at 40mins, give it another 10mins, skewer looked clean, but when taken out of the oven, sank slightly, after cooling it was still raw when cut, had to throw it in the bin.-09 Jun 2010